CREATING EXTENDED FAMILIES, LLC
Disclosure of Your Information to Third Parties
- Disclosure by Law. You acknowledge and agree that we may disclose information provided by you, if required to do so by law, at the request of a third party, or if we, in our sole discretion, believe that disclosure is reasonable to (1) comply with the law, requests or orders from law enforcement, or any legal process (whether or not such disclosure is required by applicable law); (2) protect or defend our or a third party’s rights or property; or (3) protect someone’s health or safety, such as when harm or violence against any person (including you) is threatened.
- Disclosure to Trusted Third Parties By Us. We may share your non-personally identifiable information with third parties, but not in a manner that would reveal your identity. We may share your personally identifiable information, sometimes in conjunction with your non-personally identifiable information, with service providers that may be associated with us to perform functions on our behalf. For example, customer care agents or technology assistants may be outsourced and may need access to your information to perform services for you.
- Information Transferred As a Result of Sale of Business. As we develop our business, we may buy or sell assets and, depending on the transaction, your personally identifiable information may be one of the transferred assets. In the event that we are acquired by another company, your personally identifiable information may be part of the assets transferred to the acquiring party. If this occurs, you will be notified if there are any material changes to the way your personally identifiable information is collected or used.
How the Information is Collected and Used
- Log Files. When you visit any of our websites, servers automatically gather information from your browser (such as your IP addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks) to analyze trends, administer the site, prevent fraud, track visitor movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information. For example, we may log your IP address for system administration purposes. IP addresses are logged to track a user’s session. This gives us an idea of which parts of our site users are visiting. We do not share the log files externally.
- Web Beacons. “Web beacons” (also known as “clear gifs” and “pixel tags”) are small transparent graphic images that are often used in conjunction with cookies in order to further personalize our website for our users and to collect a limited set of information about our visitors. We may also use web beacons in email communications in order to understand the behavior of our customers.
- Purchase Information. To process purchases, we may require your name, address, phone number and email address. Such information is used primarily to process your order or as otherwise described herein. Credit card transactions are processed through PayPal. We do not store your credit card numbers. We do not know or have access to your credit card information.
- E-mails and Telephone Calls. We require an e-mail address from you when you register for our services. We use your e-mail for both transactional (e.g., order confirmation, refund and renewal processing), site notifications, and promotions for CEF (e.g., newsletters, new product offerings, special discounts, event notifications). E-mail messages we send you may contain code that enables our database to track your usage of the e-mails, including whether the e-mail was opened and what links (if any) were clicked. If you would rather not receive promotional e-mails from us, please see the section below labeled “Choice/Opt-Out”. We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the services, such as service announcements and administrative messages, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. We may also contact you by telephone or text message (including to any wireless number you may provide to us) solely in connection with an issue with your account. We fully comply with the requirements of the U.S. CAN-SPAM Act.
- Demographic Data. Demographic data is also collected at our site. We use this data to tailor our visitors’ experience at our site, showing them content that we think they might be interested in, and displaying the content according to their preferences. Some of this information may be shared with advertisers on a non-personally identifiable basis.
- Online Survey Data. We may periodically conduct voluntary member surveys. We encourage our members to participate in such surveys because they provide us with important information regarding the improvement of our services. You may also volunteer for certain surveys that we may offer to our users, and any additional rules regarding the conduct of such surveys will be disclosed to you prior to your participation. All responses would be anonymous.
- Information Regarding Your Friends. We encourage you to refer friends by sending us a friend’s name and email address. We will keep this information in our database, and send that person a one-time e-mail containing your name and inviting them to visit our site. This e-mail will also include instructions on how to remove their information from our database. You agree that you will not abuse this feature by entering names and addresses of those who would not be interested in our service. For some of our services, you may also give gift memberships to your friends, in which case we will use your friends’ e-mail address that you provide in order to deliver the gift.
- Public Forums. We may make discussion boards available to our users and visitors. Any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose any personally identifiable information.
- Use for Research. In addition to the uses outlined above, by using our site, you agree to allow us to anonymously use the information from you and your experiences to continue our research into successful surrogate extended family relationships.
- You must be 18 years or older to use this site. Our age restriction is set forth in our Terms & Release Agreement. We do not target our sites or services to children under the age of 18, and in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, any information we may receive from users we believe to be under the age of 13 will be purged from our database. We reserve the right to similarly purge any information we may receive from users we believe to be under the age of 18 from our database.
- We will continually seek to monitor and upgrade the service to provide the necessary security to our site. We will exercise reasonable care in providing secure transmission of information between your computer and our servers, but given that no information transmitted over the Internet can be guaranteed 100% secure, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to us over the Internet and hence accept no liability for any unintentional disclosure.
Links to Other Sites
- We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other websites that may be linked to this site or of any third party advertisers.
- You may use the following options for removing your information from our e-mail database if you wish to opt out of receiving promotional e-mails and newsletters.
- Click on the “unsubscribe” link on the bottom of the e-mail; or
- Send a letter indicating which promotional correspondence you wish to opt-out of to: Creating Extended Families, LLC, PO Box 470215, San Francisco, California 94147.
Updating Your Information
- You can edit and update your personal information by going to your Settings page, or by editing your Matching Criteria or Profile.
Creating Extended Families, LLC All Rights Reserved